The below email was sent to all parents/carers on 22 April 2020:
I am writing to you today to clarify how Fremantle College will deliver education in term 2 with consideration of these guidelines and COVID-19.
- Fremantle College will be opening for all students on 29th April and will run its normal program and timetable for all students. I would encourage all students to attend school except those with a medical condition vulnerable to COVID-19.
- All year 11 and 12 students are strongly encouraged to attend school.
- Parents may choose not to send their child to school as per the Ministers advice. I would encourage all families to assess their own health circumstances and level of risk, as per COVID-19, in determining whether or not to attend school.
- If you choose to keep your child home and they are working from home, you will need to email the school to let us know on Fremantle.email@example.com
- If your child is working from home and then develops a normal illness preventing them from completing work you will need to sms or call 0438460089 as a normal explained absence.
It is important to note:
- Fremantle College cannot provide face to face teaching and a comprehensive online learning environment. Further details will follow when we determine how many students choose to remain at home. At this stage with the current state of the virus and the expert health advice we would encourage you to send your child to school.
- Social distancing and hand sanitisation measures will be in place at school for students and staff and all measures possible will be taken to ensure staff and student wellbeing. This includes significantly increased rounds of cleaning, increased provision of hand washing, frequent washing and sterilisation of high traffic areas.
- All camps, excursions, assemblies and large student gatherings will remain postponed for now.
It has been a challenging time, but under the present health guidelines we believe Fremantle College is best placed to get back to normal as quickly as possible, whilst recognising our role in protecting the most vulnerable members of the college community. Your sound judgement in assisting with this, is much appreciated.
Term 2 – Educational Support Video Library:
Physical Education Challenge Videos: