Your child can develop their academic, behavioural, social and emotional needs through our exemplary Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (SLP ASD). Students in Years 7 to 12, who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder, are provided with opportunities and support to achieve their academic goals, including ATAR pathways. Individual education plans are developed that acknowledge and utilise students’ individual talents and interests. Your child will learn in the mainstream school setting with additional support through the Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder homeroom. Our specialist teachers and experienced educational assistants provide a flexible structure that helps students learn to self-manage their emotions, behaviour and social interactions so that they can successfully achieve in their secondary schooling and beyond. Students eligible to apply to enrol in the Specialised Learning Program will have:
- Eligibility for enrolment in Western Australian public schools in Year 7 to Year 12;
- A multi-disciplinary diagnosis of ASD without accompanying intellectual impairment;
- The ability to work at or near year level academic standard. This will include students on ATAR/WACE/VET pathways;
- Difficulties with social, emotional and/or behavioural issues and challenges directly related and attributable to the impact of ASD;
- Independent self-management of personal care requirements;
- Transport to be facilitated by families (bus services are not provided to the program); and
- Exemption from local intake zones.
Places are limited and determined by an independent panel who consider social interaction, communication, adaptive behaviour, academic progress and self-regulation independence. Applications for Year 7 2020 have now closed. We are still taking applications for Year 8 to 12 2020.
Apply here for Year 8 to 12 2020 and Year 7 to 12 2021.