Parents and Guardians who hold one of the following cards are eligible for Financial Secondary Assistance.
Centrelink Health Care Card
Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
Veterans’ Affairs Blue Pensioner Concession Card
What is Financial Assistance & How Much Is It?
Eligible parent’s/guardians receive a $235.00 Education Allowance per student which is deducted from their Contributions and Charges. A further $115.00 Clothing Allowance reimbursement payment is also available by completing a Fremantle College – Secondary Assistance Claim Form.
Please Note: In accordance with the Department of Education Policy, the Secondary Assistance Scheme must be deducted from the Voluntary Contributions for Years 7-10 with the balance deducted from the Compulsory Charges. In Years 11-12 the amount is deducted from Compulsory Charges.
How & When to Claim
Claims MUST be lodged and processed at the start of each school year and before you make ANY payment for Contributions and Charges.
- Complete and sign the attached 2018 Secondary Assistance Scheme Years 7 – 12 Form.
- Nominate how you want the $115 Clothing Allowance to be allocated. The two choices are:
Ticking the School box – It is our recommendation you choose this method if your child’s combined contributions and charges are greater than the $350.00 and we will deduct the $115.00 from the balance of Compulsory Charges and other approved/optional contributions. Note: If this section is left blank we will tick the school option.
Ticking the Parent/Guardian box and enter your bank account details – for the $115.00 to be paid to your bank account. It can take up to 10 weeks for the payment to be made meanwhile you will be expected to pay the compulsory charges to the school.
- Take a photocopy of the front and back of your signed concession
- Follow the check list below ticking off that you have completed all aspects of the form.
- Return the completed Application Form and a photocopy of your card to Fremantle College via the post or by scanning and emailing to Romagnolo@education.wa.edu.au
NB: Applications will be received up until the closing date of Friday 13th April 2018.
- Your application will be processed as quickly as possible.
- A new balance statement will be posted to you requesting the balance to be paid in full before the end of Term 1 unless an extension is requested and a payment plan application completed and returned.
Please do not make any payments to the school until we have processed your claim and forwarded a new statement.
- Is your card valid as at the 31 January 2018? (see what to do below if it is not valid)
- Have you enclosed/attached a photocopy of the front and back of your concession card?
- Have you nominated where you want the $115.00 clothing allowance money to be paid?
- Have you ticked the type of Concession Card you hold?
- Have you entered the Card Number? This must be the CRN number of the Parent/Guardian NOT THE CHILD
- Have you entered the Card Start Date?
- Have you entered the Card Expiry Date?
- Has the Cardholder Signed the Claim Form?
- ONLY enter your Bank Account Details if you have ticked clothing allowance to Parent/Guardian.
What To Do If Your Card Expires Before 31 Jan 2018
Send an email to Diane.Romagnolo@education.wa.edu.au advising you are waiting for your new card so we can place a note on your file. Once your new card arrives follow the process above forwarding your claim as soon as possible.