Parents and Guardians who hold one of the following cards are eligible for Financial Secondary Assistance.
Centrelink Health Care Card
Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
Veterans’ Affairs Blue Pensioner Concession Card
Secondary Assistance Scheme
Eligible parent’s/guardians receive a $235.00 Education Allowance per student which is deducted from their Contributions and Charges. A further $115.00 Clothing Allowance reimbursement payment is also available.
Please Note: In accordance with the Department of Education Policy, the Secondary Assistance Scheme must be deducted from the Voluntary Contributions for Years 7-10 with the balance deducted from the Compulsory Charges. In Years 11-12 the amount is deducted from Compulsory Charges.
Please click here for more information regarding the Secondary Assistance Scheme: Secondary Assistance Scheme Information Sheet 2019
How & When to Claim
Please visit our college administration after 30 January 2019 to process your Secondary Assistance Scheme application. Please ensure you bring your current Concession Card when you visit.
NB: Applications will be received up until the closing date of Friday 12 April 2018.
- Is your card valid as at the 31 January 2019? (see what to do below if it is not valid)
- Have you enclosed/attached a photocopy of the front and back of your concession card?
- Have you nominated where you want the $115.00 clothing allowance money to be paid?
- Have you ticked the type of Concession Card you hold?
- Have you entered the Card Number? This must be the CRN number of the Parent/Guardian NOT THE CHILD
- Have you entered the Card Start Date?
- Have you entered the Card Expiry Date?
- Has the Cardholder Signed the Claim Form?
- ONLY enter your Bank Account Details if you have ticked clothing allowance to Parent/Guardian.
What To Do If Your Card Expires Before 31 Jan 2019
Send an email to Diane.Romagnolo@education.wa.edu.au advising you are waiting for your new card so we can place a note on your file. Once your new card arrives follow the process above forwarding your claim as soon as possible.