As a new school for Fremantle, community consultation helps inform the direction of our college.
Community members have completed online surveys to give their insights into the name, values and prospective programs for the new college.
Interested community members have worked in focus groups to discuss their ideas for:
- Name and logo for the new college;
- College program options;
- Local intake area and eligible students;
- Enrolment processes and timelines;
- Opportunities for community involvement; and
- Other areas of interest for the community.
The insight provided from this consultation has helped shape our strategic planning and will continue to as further consultation occurs.
Would you like to be part of working party to discuss different topics as they come to hand? If you would like to contribute to the development of your community college, please Contact Us.
Our Advisory Group was formed in August 2016 to input our strategic direction. The Group has helped with the name, brand development, values and vision and also working on new programs.
Our members are from across the Fremantle and Cockburn communities and include:
- Frank Mofflin (Advisory Group Chair) – Hamilton Senior High School Board member and Hilton Primary School parent
- Myles Draper – Fremantle College Principal
- Helen Nys – Winterfold Primary School Board member and parent
- Louisa Wales – Fremantle Primary School P&C President and parent
- Katie Atwell – Hamilton Senior High School Board member, Coolbellup Community School parent and Murdoch University
- Logan Howlett – Mayor, City of Cockburn
- Gail Bowman – Acting Director Governance and Community Services, City of Cockburn
- Jason Kell – Community member and South Fremantle Senior High School parent
- Moyanne Bertolini – South Fremantle Senior High School Board Chair and parent
- Natalie Miller – South Fremantle Senior High School Board member and parent