As an independent public college, Fremantle College is required to have a College Board. The College Board operates according to the School Education Act 1999. The role of the Board is that of involvement in the governance of the college. This means taking part in the shaping and monitoring of the college’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
The Board does not have a role in school management. This is the responsibility of the Principal and involves educational leadership and the effective day-to-day administration, supervision and control of the college and its staff.
The functions of the College Board include:
- take part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the college’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the college’s performance in achieving them; and
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the college.
- determine, in consultation with students, their parents and staff a dress code for students when they are attending or representing the college;
- promote the college in the community;
- charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities;
- extra cost optional components of educational programs;
- items to be supplied by a student for personal use in an educational program;
- any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the college.
- provide advice to the Principal of the college on:
- a general policy concerning the use in school activities of prayers, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a school activity as part of religious education; and
- the implementation of special religious education
Our Current College Board Members:
Myles Draper – Principal
Frank Mofflin – Chair (Community)
Moyanne Bertolini – Community
Rebecca Seage – Community
Linda Wilson – Community (P&C)
David Raftery – Parent
Anna Edwards – Parent
Louisa Kqiku – Parent
Stephen Ferguson – Parent
Mark Jeffery – Staff
Emma Walker – Staff
Katie Brooks – Staff
Meryl Oltmans – Staff
Zeke Kqiku – Student, Head Boy
Margherita Dall’occo – Student, Head Girl