Our NEW Gifted and Talented Secondary Selective Entrance Program will provide your child with challenging and highly motivating learning opportunities.
Our NEW Gifted and Talented Academic Program will focus on the four core subjects of Maths, Science, English and Humanities and Social Sciences and provide your child with a comprehensive academic pathway from Year 7 through to Year 12.
Your child will have access to:
- specialist teachers with expert skills and knowledge who are trained to work with highly gifted children;
- studying with like-minded peers;
- small classes with curriculum designed specifically for their needs;
- leadership programs and university extension opportunities;
- a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) education; and
- excursions, competitions and activities to engage in an academic context.
They will be continually challenged to achieve to their full academic potential and have a range of career choices on completing their secondary schooling.
How to apply
If you believe our Gifted and Talented Academic Program is suitable for your child, you can apply at education.wa.edu.au/giftedandtalented for 2018 entry (Year 7 only).
Applications close on Monday 6 February 2017.
All Gifted and Talented Program applicants must sit the Academic Selective Entrance Test coordinated by the Department of Education. The test includes individual assessments in the areas of mathematics and science, language, writing and non-verbal reasoning.